Renowned restorers and suppliers of upgraded parts for road and race Elites, Tolman Engineering drew heavily on contemporary motorsport experience and knowledge running Ginetta and McLaren factory campaigns in British GT.
Built over the summer of 2021 from a new MK14 Components bodyshell, their goal was to build the most advanced racing Elite possible with an FIA HTP.
The car is offered for sale after debuting at the Silverstone Classic in the RAC Tourist Trophy where it secured class pole position and a class podium finish in the 50-minute race.
Built to the highest standards, the car features the following:
- New MK14 Components shell finished in period gloss grey and black by Normandale
- Custom Cages FIA Roll cage
- Tolman 1220 FWE engine producing in excess of 135bhp
- Optional electronic distributor
- Zircotec ceramic coated exhaust manifold
- ITG air filter on bespoke Tolman airbox
- WOSPerformance starter motor
- TAG McLaren alternator
- AP Racing paddle clutch with Alloy cover
- Newly built MG gearbox with straight cut close ratio gear set
- Plate type LSD
- Light weight bespoke drive shafts and prop shaft
- Closed loop fuel system in bespoke baffled and foam filled aluminium tank
- Bias pedal box on AP Racing cylinders
- New brake calipers front and rear
- ATEC hoses for fuel, oil and braking systems throughout
- Tolman Engineering Nitron FIA compliant damper system
- 6x Torrino wheels on 4.5 L15 Dunlop race tyres
- Sealed rear bearings in new uprights
- All new front upright and bearing assemblies.
- Bespoke motorsport DR25 loom with aircraft type connectors
- Bespoke switch panel, switch gear and circuit breakers
- Stepper motor instruments with bespoke reproduction Smiths faces
- LED lighting all round including pre-wiring for side markers
- Tillet Carbon seat
- TRS 6 point harness
- Electric Lifeline Zero 360 fire suppression
- Polycarbonate rear screen and side windows with WRC flush openers
- Heated front screen
- 585.5kg dry weight
The car will be sold with a new FIA HTP and comes with the original “Buff” logbook and original body shell, and a current V5C to use the car on the road, at track days or for road rallies.
Following the Silverstone Classic 2021, the car has done a lifetime total of 170kms.
The car is available for viewing at the Tolman Engineering workshops near Rugby, Warwickshire, UK. International delivery available.
Tolman Engineering have capacity to support the car at events in the UK or Europe.
Please call Chris Tolman on +44 (0)1926 633080 or +44 (0)7970 795155 for more details.